Opening prayer led by Bill Jacobs at 5:06pm
Fr. Ralph attended the meeting in Fr. Raj’s absence.
Present: Bill Jacobs, Anne Welborn, Terry Brennan, Yvonne Napolitano, Dan Putschoegl, Eileen Grant, Brad DeSaye
Staff: Jim Wren, Donna Maneely, Shelly Cooper
- Minutes Approval: October Meeting Minutes approved
- Anne motioned to accept the October meeting minutes; Dan seconded the motion; motion passed
- Financial Statements: October Financials approved
- Eileen asked if we have seen an appreciable decrease in the electric bill due to the chiller. No, the bill has increased.
- Bill asked if organizations are required to have an account with the church. Yes, except for the Knights of Columbus.
- Yvonne motioned to approve the October Financials; Eileen seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Anne reviewed the October bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- Ralph announced that Fr. Raj was in India. He left to see his father but unfortunately his father passed away before he was able to get there. He will be in India for a month or two. Fr. Ralph is acting pastor in his absence.
- Parish Manager Report:
- Fr. Zachary of the Mother of God, SOLT will be here for our Advent Mission from December 5th-7th. He will be concelebrating the weekend Masses and giving his mission talk on Sunday evening, and Monday morning and evening. He will give three different talks.
- Jim will be gone from December 12th-January 7th. He asked if Terry could get the finance council’s help to approve the invoices each week. Tina will be in charge of operational matters in his absence.
- Collection totals as of November 18th: plate -$45,576, online giving-$34,229
- We budgeted purchasing new songbooks this year but since we aren’t able to use them we have put the purchase on hold. Hopefully we will be able to order them soon.
- The new missals are here. We will put some out each week for parishioners to take home so boxes won’t be sitting around.
- The diocese has not made any changes to the capacity for Masses. It is still at 35%.
- John McGrath is resigning as of December 4th. We have a couple of people who are interested in the job so hopefully by the time John leaves we will have a replacement. It is an important job to fill as this person locks up the church most evenings.
- Jim spoke with Kyle from Catholic Community Foundation today. They would like to host their Wills and Trusts Seminar at Sacred Heart. Jim told him we cannot do it before March. We have a 50 person limit at this time but maybe we could host multiple sessions.
- School Accreditation is scheduled from February 24-February 26, 2021. Shelly is not sure if it will be virtual or in person. She has a plan in place.
- Complete your Safe Environment renewal by 12/31/20.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- The 2021 meeting schedule was agreed on.
- Jim discussed the budget calendar as Fr. Raj and he will be gone. It will be sent out on January 7th to all the Directors. Anne motioned to accept the budget calendar, Brad seconded it; motion passed.
- The Reserve Study is 2 years old so we will need to discuss having another study done. We need to find someone ourselves as the diocese doesn’t have anyone anymore. Jim would prefer someone local.
- Bill discussed doing a parish directory. It is has been quite a few years since we have had one. He feels it would be beneficial to the parishioners by raising their spirits and putting a name to a face or a face to a name. Jim spoke with Fr. Raj about this previously and he doesn’t feel it is a priority right now. He wants to wait for Covid to be behind us. Maybe it will be put in the 2021-2022 budget. Jim could get a quote from Lifetouch.
Fr. Ralph led a closing prayer at 5:33pm
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely