Opening prayer led by Fr. Raj at 5:31pm
Present: Bill Jacobs, Anne Welborn, Terry Brennan, Yvonne Napolitano, Dan Putschoegl, Eileen Grant
Absent: Brad DeSaye
Staff: Jim Wren, Donna Maneely, Shelly Cooper
- Minutes Approval: September Meeting Minutes approved
- Bill motioned to accept the September meeting minutes; Dan seconded the motion; motion passed
- Financial Statements: September Financials approved
- Bill asked why rental income was down 25% from the first quarter. Jim explained that one of the renters has lost income because of not being able to work, so there were a few months of no payments. Father Raj has approved the renter paying when they have work.
- Bill asked what happened to the $6,000 in restricted money set aside for the school roof. Jim explained that when he moved cash from reserves to pay for the roof, he subtracted the $6,000 and the $25,000 Diocese campaign money. So we have spent that $6,000 and it shows as a revenue and an expense. So cash wise the $6,000 was never taken out of reserve money.
- Jim explained to the council the difference between cash and accrual basis in tuition money. We are making note of the difference on the financials. Shelly added that it has been an uphill battle getting some families to sign up for FACTS; she communicated to the parents that their students may not be allowed in school until the family is signed up. Eight families still need to sign up. Shelly explained some of the issues that are keeping families from signing up:
- Large payments; if they had signed up in July, their monthly payments would be less. The payments would be spread over a longer period of time.
- There are fees if paying by credit card and many families are wary about giving their bank account information.
- Dan asked if Shelly expects the second year using FACTS to be easier; Shelly said it should be.
- Anne asked what the student population is currently: 100 students; budgeted for 120.
- Dan asked what was charged to the Hospitality expense. Most of the expense is from the hand sanitizers we bought for our parishioners.
- Anne commented that we are keeping expenses in line with income. Jim responded that we are trying to keep expenses below budget and technically we never lifted the expense freeze implemented for the pandemic.
- Yvonne motioned to approve the September Financials; Eileen seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Bill reviewed the September bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- Fr. Raj thanked the council members for their active involvement in the council and he thanked Jim, Shelly and Donna for their hard work.
- The Pastoral council and School Advisory board are meeting in person as well.
- Bishop Nevares celebrated mass here on October 24th for the celebration of the 150th anniversary of St. Anthony Claret’s death.
- Fr. Raj explained that the Diocese has been guiding us through the Pandemic. We have increased capacity to 35% for Masses, which is around 200 people. So far we are within the capacity. The ushers counted parishioners in October.
- Most groups have resumed meetings in the church. We have a new successful ministry: That Man Is You; about 40 men on average are showing up.
- The Youth group is meeting also. Candice and Taylor are doing a great job. We will be looking to hire a full time Youth Minister in January.
- We held our New Parishioner event on two different days in October. Those who attended seemed eager to get involved.
- The Heritage Festival was canceled.
- A meeting for all Liturgical Ministers is scheduled for Saturday, October 31st.
- On Election Day, November 3rd, we will have Adoration in the church from 8am-12pm.
- The middle school will be attending the Veteran’s Day Parade on November 11th.
- Parish Manager Report:
- Current October collection numbers: plate collection – $56,177 and online giving – $47,295.
- We received a $35k bequest from the Trengove Estate. This will help alleviate our decrease in collection plate money.
- We received the $55k online giving matching grant. The diocese is requiring that we treat this as a grant. But we are allowed to carry it over to next year.
- Jim was asked to be part of a Diocesan committee to help establish a new database for the Charity and Development Appeal.
- We did not qualify for the Employee Retention Credit.
- Jim attended the ICSC conference virtually this year. He has some notes if anyone would like to read them.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- Fr. Raj would like to change the finance council meeting to an earlier time. The council agreed to change the start time to 5pm. They also discussed offering the meeting by Zoom along with meeting in person. Terry said he could do that if needed.
- 2021 meeting dates were discussed. The last Wednesday of the month was agreed upon except for November due to Thanksgiving. There will not be meetings in August due to the council social or December. Donna will send the schedule out with the October financials.
- Donna explained to the council that we discovered Preschool tuition was over budgeted due to the Preschool scholarship money being earmarked for certain preschoolers’ tuition.
Fr. Raj led a closing prayer at 6:07pm
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely