Fr. Raj opened the meeting with a prayer at 5:00pm
Present: Bill Jacobs, Anne Welborn, Terry Brennan, Dan Putschoegl, Eileen Grant, Brad DeSaye
Staff: Jim Wren, Donna Maneely, Shelly Cooper
- Minutes Approval: April Meeting Minutes approved
- Anne motioned to accept the April meeting minutes; Bill seconded the motion; motion passed
- Financial Statements: April Financials approved
- Dan inquired as to why Theater Camp and Sports Income amounts were low. The school only participated in volleyball and soccer this year and the school did not have Theater Camp due to Covid. He also asked about the Alpha retreat. We did not have the Alpha retreat due to Covid.
- Eileen motioned to approve the April Financials; Dan seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Dan reviewed the April bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- Masks are now optional at Mass.
- Bishop Olmsted’s Eucharistic Exhortation will be discussed with all the councils and with the staff at the staff retreat on July 30th.
- There will be a Eucharistic Procession on June 6th, the Feast of Corpus Christi, followed by benediction. We will continue with benediction on the 1st Sunday of each month.
- Rubiston is leaving next week; Fr. Vicente will be back.
- Father Gaspar is coming in August as an additional Associate Pastor.
- Our new deacon, Mark Weber should be starting soon. He met with Bishop Olmsted yesterday.
- Parish Manager Report:
- We had 2 candidates apply for the Youth Minister position. We interviewed one and the other candidate cancelled. Jim will offer the position to the candidate who interviewed. Her references were stellar.
- We were going to order new projectors and screens but we found 4 projectors in the church office so we only ordered 2 screens.
- The LOTW retreat is June 12th and 13th; 11 people have registered so far. Sign ups will take place after all the Masses over the next two weekends.
- The Mass for the Sacred Heart of Jesus is on June 11th at 5:30pm. Cookies will be served after Mass. Jim told the council they could come and help serve cookies.
- Our new offertory envelope provider is Church Budget Envelopes. The first set goes out for July/August.
- May collections so far: $57,305 plate and $42,115 online
- There was a little confusion as to the date of the next meeting: it will be on June 23rd.
- Jim, Terry and Bill met with Mary Bronson from Investing for Catholics. Their investment program is already approved by the diocese. She will speak at the June meeting virtually. The fee is .55% and all funds are vetted to be in line with Catholic teaching.
- Jim shared a letter from Catholic Community Foundation. They would like us to invest with them. They are decreasing their market projection and have made changes to their Million Dollar Match program as of July 1.
- 2022 CCF endowment disbursements are a little lower than budgeted.
- Jim would like to pursue holding a Wills and Trusts Seminar with CCF in the future.
- Old Business:
- 2022Budget: a generous donation from a parishioner will cover the salary increase for the school and parish.
- We have not received the 2022 priest salary schedule yet. We should receive it soon so Jim suggested waiting until the June meeting to approve the 2022 budget.
- Parish Directory: Roger Dubin can do the directory but many questions remain before he can give an accurate cost. Jim said we will budget this in the 2023 budget to begin the summer of 2022.
- Jim reminded the council that tuition and CEA funds are on an accrual basis and actual amounts will be lower so there will be a large shortfall. Shelly said the school will be getting another $23k from CEA for tuition scholarships. We didn’t have as many families as was budgeted for due to Covid but most families have paid their tuition.
- 109 students are enrolled for next year and we budgeted for 110.
- Preschool will no longer be subsidized by the parish as the teacher will take over as director and will take a stipend over the summer. The school will assist with purchase orders.
- Preschool is at capacity for next year with one aide so we budgeted for two aides in case we get more students.
- The school needs to hire a few teachers and custodian. Shelly has a strong candidate for 5th grade, has hired a 3rd grade teacher and needs a Middle School Science and a PE teacher.
- New Business:
- Fr. Raj is planning to have a discussion on the Eucharistic Exhortation on September 10th for the Parish.
Fr. Raj led a closing prayer at 5:55pm
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely