Terry began the meeting at 5:00pm.
Fr. Raj opened the meeting with a prayer.
Present: Eileen Grant, Terry Brennan, Anne Welborn, Dan Putschoegl
Absent: Brad DeSaye, Bill Jacobs, Bob Dressler
Staff: Fr. Raj, Donna Maneely, Jim Wren, Shelly Cooper, John Gust
- Minutes Approval:
- Eileen motioned to approve the July 27, 2022 meeting minutes; Dan seconded it; approved
- Financial Statements:
- Eileen asked for confirmation that the $11,380 expense is for the Chiller maintenance contract; yes, it is.
- Eileen questioned why we are keeping a BOK account open with only $3.62. Jim will contact BOK. Eileen suggested we put the money we are sending to the Reserve accounts into a savings account until the market improves.
- We finally received confirmation from the Diocese that we can go forward with purchasing I-bonds as long as they are placed through an approved custodian. Jim will contact Scott Sas from BOK to check if they can be the custodian.
- Anne motioned to approve the July Financials; Eileen seconded the motion; motion approved
- Dan motioned to approve the August financials; Anne seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Bill reviewed the July bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Brad reviewed the August bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- Fr. Raj thanked the council for participating in the Staff and Council Day of Reflection and Synod meeting.
- Fr. Raj would like the Finance Council to assist the Pastoral Council with being available after Masses to answer questions.
- The Ministry Fair took place on September 25th and will continue on Sunday, October 2nd .
- Two new ministries have formed: Saturday morning prayer group and Women’s Circle of Faith and Friendship.
- Fr. Raj would appreciate the council’s support and presence during Heritage Week.
- The Annual Corporation meeting was held on September 15th. Terry, Martha Lamb and Fr. Raj met with Bishop Dolan.
- The Eucharistic Revival is taking place over the next 3 years. Fr. Raj would like more direction from the Diocese about the Revival.
- Parish Manager Report:
- Collection plate in September: $70k, online giving $45k.
- Our Sunday Visitor, our online giving provider, is increasing their fees.
- Many staff positions will be opening up soon and some have been hard to fill:
- Our Cook, Lisa, is retiring in January.
- Our Maintenance Supervisor is retiring in the first quarter of next year.
- Lisa Baynes, the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Director is unsure of her date of retirement but she will most likely job share.
- We are still looking for a custodian for the school. We had two and one suddenly quit.
- The Assistant to the Hispanic Ministry Director position has been difficult to fill.
- The RCIA Director, Muriel, is retiring the following year.
- The new parishioner dinner is October 20th. Eileen volunteered to attend on behalf of the Finance Council.
- Old Business: none
- New Business: none
Fr. Raj ended the meeting with a prayer at 5:30pm.
Anne moved to go into an Executive Session at 5:30pm; Eileen seconded it; motion approved
The Executive Session ended at 6:08 pm at which time the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely