Terry began the meeting at 5:02pm.
Fr. Raj opened with a prayer.
Present: Bill Jacobs, Eileen Grant, Terry Brennan, Dan Putschoegl, Bob Dressler
Absent: Anne Welborn, Brad DeSaye
Staff: Jim Wren, Donna Maneely, Shelly Cooper
- Minutes Approval:
- Bill motioned to approve the September meeting minutes; Dan seconded it; approved
- Financial Statements:
- There was a discussion about the shortfall on plate collections. Bill asked if we were going to do anything to try to increase collections. Not at this time. Jim added that collection money is down 14% Pre-Covid.
- Bill motioned to approve the September Financials; Bob seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Bob reviewed the September bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- The Liturgical Minister’s annual formation meeting was held on October 2nd. The reflection was on Bishop Olmsted’s Apostolic Exhortation. About 65 ministers participated.
- Heritage week went well. Fr. Raj is having a special Mass to thank all of the volunteers.
- Next week is the All Saints and All Souls Day liturgy. The school children will dress as Saints and parade around the school after Mass on All Saints Day.
- Fr. Raj is taking his annual vacation from November 8-December 10. Fr. Ralph will be acting Pastor.
- During Advent we have mission talks during the first week of December, the Advent Pageant on December 16 and 12 Hours for the Lord on December 22.
- Suggested that we have our next Finance Council meeting on December 15th instead of November 17th.
- Parish Manager Report:
- The Diocese asked for the percentage of our online giving compared to our plate collection for the past 3 years:
- 2020/2021-42.3% (most likely due to the online giving grant from Summer 2020)
- The New parishioner dinner was successful. 65 new parishioners attended; 100 people in total. Representatives from the councils and ministries attended. It was catered by Rosati’s and the leftovers were given to Fire and Police dispatch. New volunteers and friends were made. The cost of the food was offset by our credit card rewards rebate of $1,165.
- Jim attended a virtual meeting with Our Sunday Visitor (our online giving provider) on how to increase offertory. He said it was not helpful.
- Heritage Festival:
- Expenses (so far)-$1725 without the police security bill
- Income – over $2900, the 50/50 raffle winner donated back her winnings
- There will be a follow up meeting to discuss the pros and cons of the event. Jim felt more help was needed with cleanup and that the hours should be condensed.
- Index Fund Advisor account update: our investment dropped last month but has recovered.
- November is a quiet month: All Saints Day school Mass and Thanksgiving Mass are coming up
- December: Advent Mission, Advent concert, Advent pageant, Christmas and New Years
- Since Christmas is on Saturday this year, there will not be a vigil mass on that day and January 1st is not a holy day of obligation.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
Fr. Raj led a closing prayer at 5:21pm
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely