Terry began the meeting at 5:00pm.
Fr. Raj opened the meeting with a prayer.
Present: Bill Jacobs, Eileen Grant, Terry Brennan, Bob Dressler, Brad DeSaye
Absent: Anne Welborn, Dan Putschoegl
Staff: Fr. Raj, Donna Maneely, Shelly Cooper
- Minutes Approval:
- Brad motioned to approve the March meeting minutes; Eileen seconded it; approved
- Financial Statements:
- Bob asked about the Preschool grant money; it was explained that the grant money needs to be spent before June 30th. We were unaware of this until recently.
- Bill motioned to approve the March Financials; Bob seconded the motion; motion approved
- Bank Statement Approval:
- Bob reviewed the March bank reconciliation; no discrepancies noted
- Pastor’s Report:
- Fr. Raj is pleased that more parishioners are participating in the Easter Triduum than when he first came to Sacred Heart.
- Spring Clergy Day and the Chrism Mass were held at the Diocese in April. They provided good speakers at Spring Clergy Day who were motivating and challenging.
- The May Crowning took place during the School Mass this morning, May 4th; it was simple and beautiful.
- Fr. David Kelash celebrated the Mass for First Communion and Confirmation; 35 children received their sacraments.
- The youth retreat took place last weekend. Over 30 teens participated at Prescott Pines Camp.
- Upcoming Events: Light of the World Retreat – May 14-15, 8th grade graduation Mass-May 24, Sacred Heart of Jesus Mass-June 24, Staff and Council Retreat-July 29.
- There will be a Mother’s Day blessing at all the Masses the weekend of May 7-8.
- The Claretian Assembly is May 30-June 3rd in Chicago. The priests will be gone and Fr. Gary will say the morning Masses.
- Fr. Raj spoke about the parish directory. The directory will explain who we are, how long we have been here and include welcoming information. It will not be picture album. Roger Dubin will be leading the committee. They will begin meeting next week.
- Fr. Raj has received 15-20 letters from upset parishioners that attended the 3pm Stations of the Cross on Good Friday led by the Care for the Earth ministry. Many parishioners were disappointed and left. Fr. Raj has replied back to them all explaining that this is not the direction we are taking. He will be speaking with the Care for the Earth ministry and making some changes.
- Fr. Raj also discussed bringing the collection baskets back during Mass. The biggest concern is if there are enough Ushers at each Mass to assist with passing the baskets. A suggestion was made to recruit parishioners at those Masses to help and to have the Youth help at the 5pm Mass on Sunday.
- Parish Manager Report:
- There was not a Parish Manager Report as Jim was on vacation.
- Donna reported April Collection totals: Plate-$53,827, Easter-over $29k and online giving-$47,136.
- Old Business:
- 2023 Budget:
- School: Shelly commented that the CEA numbers are very close to this year’s numbers. Donna explained that we will need to add the school custodian health insurance expense back into the budget as the school custodian resigned and health insurance should be made available to the new custodian that is hired.
- Reserves: a new church roof was removed from the Reserve Budget as Arrow Roof inspected the roof and only recommended some repairs; the roof can last 5 more years.
- Bill Jacobs asked for another iteration of the Reserve study from Tom Thompson. Inflation factors were increased.
- New Business: Brad called for an Executive Session; Eileen seconded it
- The Executive session began at 5:32pm after Fr. Raj closed the regular meeting with a prayer. It ended at 5:57pm.
Respectfully submitted by Donna Maneely